Location: Near Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK
A creative, thorough and effective designer, I work by listening closely to your needs and then guiding you through some practical exercises to generate achievable solutions and action plans that fit your unique situation. This is your design, I do not know ‘the answer’, but I have the tools and experience to support you to find positive solutions.
Workshops, Courses, Mentoring, Designing & Facilitation – check out what I am already offering on Thriving Ways and I am always open to suggestions and ideas so get in touch and lets have a chat.
Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design
- Jan 2014 – May 2015
- Produced a portfolio of 10 designs, illustrated on this blog, which are then assessed by experienced permaculturalists
- Designs include those below and diploma support days, alumni network, room layouts, career paths, veg patches and learning pathways. All of my portfolio designs can be accessed from the front page.
Thriving Ways Facilitator
- November 2014 – present
- Thriving Ways is a collective of personal and social permaculture facilitators and designers, which I have co-created. As well as being an active member supporting it I am also actively designing and facilitating courses through it. More details of myself as a facilitator can be found on my Thriving Ways profile.
Facilitating the designing of the UK IPC neighbourhoods
- March 2015-ongoing
- Facilitating a small design team who collaborate online, to design the eating a sleeping areas of the International Permaculture Convergence in London in September 2015, building community, supporting wellbeing and encouraging inclusivity.
- You can see more details of the facilitation in my write up and of the neighbourhoods design on the IPCUK blog.
Co-designing a change of business structure for a local garage
- Sept 2013 – Sept 2014
- Consultation with all staff, collating resources, researching possibilities
Co-facilitating a design for effective functioning of a membership organisation
- September 2012
- Intensive day designing including one of the trustees of the organisation
- More details of the design and its impact can be seen in the write up
Education and Professional Development
Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design
- January 2013 – September 2015
- A self led learning journey with periodic tutorials and a peer support network, producing 10 designs assessed by experienced permaculturalists
- Organisation: UK Permaculture Association
- Tutor: Looby Macnamara
- Focus: People based designing
Nature Connection and Cultural Repair Mentoring Programme
- August 2014 – ongoing
- A self led learning journey through a range of different programmes, with community and individual mentoring, supporting personal nature connection and upskilling myself in mentoring others in nature connection and encouraging community regeneration
- Organisation: 8 Shields Institute
- Contributing lots of skills and knowledge to my permaculture designing ability, such as a deep understanding of natural patterns and observation and understanding of cycles of learning and the ingredients for healthy community.
People and Permaculture Facilitators Training Course
- November 2013
- A thorough grounding through action learning and practice of effective and positive facilitation and in designing people systems, such as courses and careers. Qualified me to design and facilitate full People and Permaculture courses.
- Organisation: Designed Visions
- Facilitators: Looby Macnamara and Peter Cow
- Design Web, People Care, Action Learning, Coaching
Permaculture Design Course
- May 2012
- Covered the basic principles of permaculture.
- Organisation: Sector39
- Facilitator: Steve Jones
Permaculture and Transition conferences
- I attended the UK Permaculture convergence in 2014
- I attended the UK Transition Network conferences in 2010 and 2011